Monday, June 14, 2021

14th June

 June 14th

I got back yesterday from a weekend away!!!


Lindsay and I went up to Lyme Regis to play in a regional golf competition. We played the course (above) on the Thursday in swirling mist and didn't get to see any views...but they were there for the actual competition!
It's a fabulous course and I'd like to play there again.

We stayed in this delightful thatched house, we had neighbouring rooms up in the loft... those two tiny windows in the thatch.




There was also a very pretty garden - and fabulous hosts.

Lyme Regis was fairly busy but probably nothing compared to the summer.


We spent the Friday relaxing - we walked across the beach finding fossils




and  found a lovely little place for pizza in the evening.
We had tried to book a meal in various different places but they were all booked up. Covid has definitely made a difference to the way people plan.

I have been doing a lateral flow test every 6 days or so. I realise its limitations but it gives me a feeling of greater confidence when I am meeting new people.

The golf competition was a little frustrating - I think it's a course I could play well on - the greens were huge and true - but I didn't play well but not dreadfully either.  There were a few distractions unfortunately. However, these things offer many lessons and I'm sure I've learnt a few things.

Looking back over the last few weeks we have had more changes of weather. Several times we have had to cancel and mist and fog has been an issue of late.

We've also had some lovely days - the below was one of them when we invite folk from different clubs to come and play with us as our guests. We had a glorious day.


I mentioned on the last blog that I was meeting the chap from the school - it was a little frustrating to say the least and I have passed on any further contact to Cape and be followed up by a player (male) who is a better player than the teacher himself.  
You have permission to read between the lines.

Keith is coming to stay next week which is lovely - I hope we have some good weather!
G7 happened while I was away but it seemed to go ok and some of the pictures showed off Cornwall at its best.

Unfortunately our Covid rates are going up again. Cornwall was 3 per 100,000 last week... now it's 12and in the country it's gone up to 30+ 
The lifting of lockdown restrictions looks set to be delayed - but it is the only wise thing to do. Looking at folk in Lyme Regis - other thank masks and distanced queues - things seemed fairly normal.

I'm sure our rates will fly high again with the huge influx of people that we have had. 

Family are all well - can't wait to see them all and give and receive some hugs!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds as if you had a lovely time away, your B and B looks lovely. Hope all the G7 masses did not share their germs. Continue to keep safe and enjoy the sun. Hot enough for shorts

    ReplyDelete