Saturday, January 26, 2013

24.01.13
Sunrise over West Penwith
I set off before the sun got up today, to play golf with the Ladies at Cape Cornwall Golf Club.

I didn't want to get caught up in traffic so skipped breakfast and set off early... below is the lovely sky over St Just as the sun came up behind me.
 The Golf course at Cape is in the most amazing situation... we played the back nine, this was the view from the the 'second' tee. The ladies made me very welcome and Ros the Lady Captain, kindly showed me round. After a refreshing drink I went back out on the course to play the remaining nine holes... certainly a very interesting course. Richard, the course manager, is overseeing major changes to the facilities and eventually to the course too. It was great to be able to play it and I hope to be back there again soon :-)
 ... how about this for a green!
I went into St Just for a wander and then to Newlyn and Penzance to explore some more... by the time I got back to the hotel I was a tired bunny but it had been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment