Friday, February 26, 2016

I'm back!

Hello!
I'm back!
What an amazing trip I have had - huge thanks to everyone who has made it all so special. 
Now I'm home and on my computer, I'll be able to add pictures to my adventures... they tell a much better story than my words could ever manage.
The beginning...
Grey morning, not long till the off!


Packed and almost ready.
On the 15th December I was off at last! Judith and Carl kindly came for me to take me to the station for the train... I could just manage my case although it felt very heavy!
Paula was going to keep an eye on my house and a friend would be staying for a while, so I left my nest happily knowing that it was in safe hands.
I stayed with Bridgie a couple of nights and then the big journey began.

Thursday 17th December
Well, what can I say? Business Class! It has to be seen to be believed!
Asiana Business Lounge


Relaxing!
I was astounded! Fantastic food and drink on offer... I was so naive I'd bought a sandwich before going to the lounge!  I sent messages and pictures to the family ... "Ah yes." replies Keith "That's my regular haunt." Keith has done so much travelling he's earned his points! It really was special. 
The flight itself was with Asiana and my seat was great - a flat-bed. This meant that I could lie right down flat and sleep (if I hadn't been so excited!). The food was excellent. We took off at 8.45pm  and we flew towards a beautiful sunrise and then endless snow covered landscape. It was fascinating watching on the flight map where we were. The Russian tundra seemed empty and endless, but eventually we landed at Incheon at 4.30pm on Friday. 
Phil was there to meet me, with a bunch of beautiful flowers! I don't think I have ever experienced being greeted at an airport with flowers before - it was lovelyl!
Phil bought me a ticket for the bus and then we headed to Suwon. It was so nice to share that journey, it didn't seem too long before we were walking over the wide bridge and  through familiar streets of Yeongtong to Phil's flat.
At Phil's


Sitting area

Kitchen and stairs to mezzanine.
 Brandi and Phil made me so welcome, they had a super meal ready for me which we followed with a walk out in the fresh cold clear air. Their flat is lovely and the sofa I can recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment