Sunday, August 26, 2018

Getting up to date

   Playing Catch Up!

Since the golfing activity at the beginning of August there have been several more forays out on to the course - although all of them at Cape.

A friend, Anne, moved from her isolated farmhouse at Bosullow into a retirement flat in Penzance which she is gradually adjusting to; Phil needed his shoes-with-a-raise sent over to Korea because he has been a fair degree of discomfort in his back, shoulder and hip recently; I packed in a few other items like toothpaste and deodorant which are always needed... and some chocolate!

Last weekend Bridgie and Bilal came to stay :-) It was lovely to have them here and we managed to fit in quite a bit. Bridgie was struggling with an awful cold but we had some lovely meals out... at the Field House and then Birdies.
The weather wasn't great.. but we made the most of it...

On the way back from Birdies we went via Rosewall Hill, a typical Cornish tor with Granite outcrops...

 Bilal and Bridgie in surfing mode...

and Bilal and I in yoga mode!


On the Sunday B and B spent the morning at Geevor on the mine visit, and after a rest in the afternoon we went to Sennen 
It was very grey but still beautiful.
The sea has created a huge sand bank.
it was fascinating watching the tide race in round it.



We played lots of games too while B and B were with me which was great fun - particularly a version of word mastermind.

The other big thing happening is my neighbour Elizabeth's new extension is being built...well they had to knock down the old one first of course!



You can just see my house in the background. Elizabeth's extension is on two levels so I am planning to extend my little bedroom to incorporate my flat roof. It's not a big space but will make my little bedroom an even more useful space.
The planning application has gone it... watch this space!

I met up with Anthea and Phil and Phil's grandchildren at a heaving Perranporth too.

It was horrendous! But it was good to catch up with Anthea and I enjoyed making 'marble' runs for the tennis ball with the children!




No comments:

Post a Comment