Thursday, August 13, 2020

...from then till now!

From then till now... (11th August)

Finally I had my hair cut! I was able to go to Hilary's salon... masked up etc and she did it for me... (she usually does it for me at home after we've played golf but it was easier to do safely for her at the salon.) It feels good to have had it done.


I also had the first of the figs from my tree!


It has done well this year... and since then I've had several more! 




Then there was more golf on sunny days...
...and no golf on the numerous days like this...


i had a lovely afternoon teas with Judy and Bronwen (from golf) at Judy's farm near Marazion... she did us proud...


Then last Monday late afternoon I noticed some flashes in my right eye... and to cut a long story short it is vitreous detachment like I had in my left aye about 10 years ago.   (It happened just as Tim and I were going to do the final section of the coast path walk and we had to cancel our plans).

Anyway... I was checked at West Cornwall Urgent Care on Thursday afternoon and saw an optician  for tests on Saturday. It's all ok and I'll be checked again next Wednesday.

In the mean time I upgraded my phone... and arranged for Uncle Tim to have some internet data ... on my old phone. It was all done on the Tuesday which resulted in a trip up to see Tim and pass on the phone and check it all worked. It means that he can at least write and send emails from home now... and maybe be able to do more things in the future. 

The traffic was ok on the way up but was a nightmare on the return journey... taking almost two hours... and I ended up turning off towards St Ives and then heading up over the back roads.

Anyway... hopefully it is all working now. 

My new phone takes good pics... this was experimenting with a panorama setting... 


And this was from today.


West Penwith had a lot of fog when the rest of the uk were suffering 38C!

It was cool and damp here... but I've been in the see a couple of times... chilly initially but lovely afterwards.

The family are all ok... we Zoom on Sunday mornings - it's so lovely to see everyone.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure >real< golfers go out on days like that. (But perhaps they never come back?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... the scary thing is that some men golfers do go out in that!!!!

    ReplyDelete