Wednesday, October 28, 2020

13th -23rd October

13th - 23rd October 

My Land's End Local's Pass needed renewing back in May but with lots of visitors around I hadn't felt it a good idea to tackle it.

So I went on Tuesday to see what was what.  

Don't worry they said.. we'll sort them next year, just keep using this one for the moment. So that was great and meant I could go for a walk.



I parked in the almost empty car park and sat in the passengers side to get my boots on and wait for a very heavy shower to pass.

While I waited a car pulled in beside me... so close on the driver's side that had I wanted to open the door I wouldn't have been able to - and there were only 6 cars in the whole car park!!

I was not happy and glared at the driver who obviously took the hint and moved a few feet further away!

Ridiculous... I don't understand it! Why?! 



 After he and his wife got out of their car I must admit I reversed mine into the neighbouring completely empty row!



Anyway, I had an amazing walk, got soaked through because the showers were so heavy but had a glorious rainbow.


There must have been a rainbow above me...I was standing with my back to the gale and rain

I walked over towards Sennen, there are still quite a lot of folk around and I met quite a few on the path.

The next day was a lot less windy and I had a lovely walk down to Cape



The car park was fairly full and lots of cars heading down too so maybe some more birdwatchers?

It stayed nice for golf the next day, although you cannot see the wind!


Saturday was the Lady Captain's Charity Day and we played in mixed teams sporting some interesting headgear! 
It was really fun!

It was too grey damp and windy to keep them on while we played but we did have a hoot!

Sunday was a much better day again with a very low tide and Cape protected from an easterly wind!



I had had to take the car in for a service last week... new brakes etc, and then on Friday it was booked in  for a new cam-belt (I don't know what it does) and ended up being without the car till Monday afternoon!

Fortunately I had lifts from friends when needed!

This week I had a trip up to Truro to get a mole checked - it was absolutely fine... and I popped in to M&S and got a few things while I was there. 

Evening sun setting and casting shadows 


While I was in Truro I decided to by some warmer winter curtains for the sitting room...they look brown in the picture but the embroidery is dark red rather than brown... they're lovely and warm.





No comments:

Post a Comment