Monday, October 12, 2020

26th Sept - 12th October

 26th Sept - 12th October

Golf, sun, wind, rain and fog sum up the last couple of weeks... 


The colours are getting richer as the sun dips in the sky... 


...and we had a lot of this....

I spent some time helping one of the ladies with her golf... another couple of days sorting out stuff for the new World  Handicap System which is coming in in November...plus a visit to see Anne on a foggy in St Just day...it was a little clearer in Penzance.


Driving back to St Just it was clear till I got to Newbridge and then I was back in fog.

However it lifted in the evening and there was a beautiful sunset - that was the last day of September.


October followed on with several more great sunsets looking along the south side of my terrace.


Thursday(3rd) is usually golf but there was such a strong wind blowing and heavy showers forecast we didn't play.

Instead Lindsay and I had a walk down to Cape and enjoyed the bracing air with spume flying everywhere.



There was also a fitness group staying at Cape for an away day training camp... I tried unsuccessfully to lift the weights they would be running with!!! 


The force 8 strengthened to Storm force 9 and needless to say we didn't play on Saturday either.


The wind was northerly so though the sea was turbulent there wasn't a big swell. Hard to stand up in the wind though!


Some more beautiful sunsets were in store.



On Thursday night a couple of horses escaped from a nearby field and fertilised the course for us... and left their imprint.

The hoof-prints on the greens were really deep and Mark did his best to mend them, these below were shallow ones on the fairway.

Saturday saw us playing a fun competition, it looks benign doesn't it but there was a fierce wind blowing but we all had such a good laugh it did us good.


That takes us up to yesterday when I thought I'd head out for a walk - I haven't been on many because of the number of visitors we've had.

I headed down the Kenidjack valley and up on to the headland where the iron age cliff castle is. I left the many birdwatchers behind on the valley floor - looking for yellow browed warbler and red eyed vireo - and scrambled over the cliffs for some peace.

it was windy and glorious.

Leaving the valley behind

I scrambled over the cliff to find a sheltered spot away from everyone

Then back to the wind north side with the Crown's Mines in the sunshine
Then I scrambled down where I'd not been before, marked on the map as old hut circles...



Along this ledge as far as I could go...


Then over the defences, these are really deep trenches.

All in all it was a lovely challenging walk which helped me forget the awful state of our country and the disgraceful behaviour of our government.

It appals and to think that some folk are lining their pockets as a result is shameful; 'jobs for friends' the placement of such folk in positions of responsibility during this epidemic - with no public health experience at all is outrageous. 

I wonder if there will ever be a reckoning.

As I have done before...I have stopped listening to the news and twitter to avoid feeling angry all the time.

It helps though the issues remain.

Walks like yesterday's definitely help.



Finally

October 12th... three year's ago today Phil completed his Bath to Rome ride. 

What an amazing trip!


1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for the blog, some beautiful photos, and is it really three years since Phil's great ride. xx

    ReplyDelete