Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wednesday 27th Jan

 Weds 27th Jan

Yesterday saw the death toll in UK pass 100,000 souls.

It is heart-breaking - and fury-making in almost equal measure...  

Mr Johnson had the gall to say  "..truthfully, we did all we can" 

I don't need to tell you what I think of that - just to repeat what a parlous state we are in.



Looking back over the last week we had some lovely cold crisp days and since then it's fog drizzle and rain.

Keith enjoyed his birthday on the 20th - Bridgie, Tim and Phil had arranged for a lovely box of fruit for him...so he's enjoyed fruit salads every day!


The course team at the club have been working hard and the newly enlarged bunker on the 9th hole is now compete. A new type of sand - heavier - is being tried out, hopefully it won't blow away so easily!








I try to avoid walking out at busy times but on a bright and sunny day there are usually a good number of dog-walkers and sometimes families. I am fortunate that I can go out at different times to avoid being around too many.




The sky is often dramatic and this cloud was wonderful. It brought hail when it arrived but was catching the setting sun beautifully.









We've also had some glorious sunrises, this was a beauty and it prompted me to go out for a walk towards the Crown's Mines. 


 There had been a heavy frost overnight with several millimetres of ice on the big puddles.


The air was beautifully clear and the colours fabulous.

I had taken a flask of coffee with me, so stopped here at the top of the path that goes down to the actual mine workings themselves and enjoyed it there.



I had seen hardly anyone  on the walk out and met just a handful on the way home so that was perfect. 




It was really enjoyable. Later that afternoon we were treated with more wonderful clouds.

I popped up to the Carn and there was a finger of cloud pointing towards me.


As I waited for the sun to go down, the shard of cloud grew and grew, interestingly not in the direction of the wind.


 It came right across in the end - there were also some great pictures of it from Land's End on Twitter - a remarkable cloud.

I have enjoyed reading too. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens had been recommended to me by two people in two phone conversations and I enjoyed it very much. 

I've also been baking - my most successful loaf so far although it did stick a bit!



And continue to enjoy the biathlon and cross country skiing on eurosport. 

 I am content - I try to do something positive every day and have enjoyed lots of whatsapp or zoom calls. 

Next Monday I head into Penzance for the first time in ages - I have a visit to the dentist. I'm hoping to drop off jigsaw, books and possibly marmalade at Lindsay's - she may have some for me in exchange! We should be able to manage that safely.


1 comment:

  1. Where the Crawdads Sing has been well up the best sellers list here, but as a crayfish biologist, Im a bit nervous of it!

    ReplyDelete