Monday, February 8, 2021

Monday 8th Feb

 Monday 8th Feb

I'm not long back from a morning walk and thought I'd update you though things are largely the same!

The last week or so has been very damp so it is lovely to see the sun today.


The cloud bank out to sea is being held there by a strong high pressure area to the east of us so we have strong, cold easterly wind which has brought snow to parts of the east of England but none here yet!

So looking back over the last week or so... the dampness... when I set off it was foggy/misty and i wondered if I should take a brolly but decided it would stay foggy and it'd be alright!


How wrong I was, by the time I came across the flowering garlic (triangular leek) the fog had turned to mizzle... then drizzle...

and then proper rain. 


And it rained and rained.

Streams ran down the side of the road and the puddles were huge!
Every now and then there would be a glimmer of lightness in the distance but it didn't materialise till I was back home when the sky turned blue!
 





I was soaked through but it was worth it, I hadn't been out for a couple of days and needed the adventure!
I managed a trip to the dentist the following day but had to use one of Tim's jackets because my coat was still dripping wet in the bathroom!
It remained dull and damp for a couple more days but not quite as wet.
I had a lovely walk down the Cot Valley where the stream was bank-full.
Once again it was good to get out in the fresh air.


Inmarsat were making redundancies and Bridgie needed to apply for her job again. a few days lapsed before she heard that she had got it. That was good news but a difficult time for her friends and colleagues at work. 
Tim also had good news as he passed his Personal Training exam (8 hours worth!) with a distinction and has also just completed a TEFL course. 
Our family zoom times are always entertaining...Keith is hiding in the top right space!

Walking less means I am definitely feeling less fit, but also a knock on is not being able to get to sleep easily. Most days last week  it has been one or 2 am before I've got to sleep :-( and then of course  I wake up later!
So I am going to try and reset my body clock and start to keep an earlier wake up time so hopefully I won't be doing sudukos at 1am!

I've loved watching the golf and skiing - and am attempting to crochet something... watch this space!

I'm not expecting to be back on the course aby time soon but it's lovely to see the work that the 'boys' are doing to keep things in trim!





1 comment:

  1. Good to hear the news of Tim and Bridgie, well done to them. What a wet walk that was. Nice to see the sun again.

    ReplyDelete