Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Weds 17th Feb

Progress 

There is progress to report...yesterday I had my first dose of the the Astra Zeneca vaccine :-)

Tim had had his last week and said he'd felt alright and I have been the same. Slight soreness on the injection sight and a bit heavy legged but so far so good.

I'm just back from an early walk - got a bit wet again ( it's brightened up now) but heavy rain due later  so thought it would be good to do it early.

I mentioned about trying to re-set my sleeping pattern... progress there too as I'm waking up naturally now just before 7am and after a cup of tea get up and get on with things. Definitely feels better having a wake up time and a walk every day!

Looking back at my photos we had a very cold snap with icy conditions and a bitter wind - almost Iceland cold in the wind. At night I was wearing a hat and doubled up on duvets!

Leki has been an excellent companion!



I have been using Tim's jacket after my purple coat was so useless. I found it in the cupboard upstairs - he left it when he went to Korea - and it is so warm (and so far totally waterproof!) so it has had several outings.

One was first thing birth-day morning! I could walk along the road avoiding the icy bits,


and just went up past the cemetery and along the track there.

There's a fabulous granite outcrop, the snow clung to the east facing surfaces.

  



The path was crunchy with ice but fortunately flat so not slippy!

The rest of the day was spent with lovely long chats with each of the 'babes' and surprise deliveries!

A fabulous 1000 piece jigsaw of the Northern Lights...

these flowers - so beautiful and since I took this pic the irises and the lilies have opened. 

A rainbow of colours.


Bronwen turned up with a bottle of a delightful sauvignon blanc...and then this hamper arrived!


So along with all the lovely cards I had a lovely day and felt very cared for.

The south-easterly wind has led to some beautiful waves at Cape with the spray arcing away. Over the next couple of days the waves were about 10' high with spray blowing half way up the Cape!
But sadly it was at  this point I tried to 'teach my phone to swim' in David's words!
Well...I dropped it in the loo...and since then have had it in a bag of rice and tucked up in teatowels on my oven top.

I love blue flowers!

It's working but the camera lenses have condensation in them... 


and the screen has some watermarks on it so I'm keeping up with the rice treatment and keeping fingers crossed.

I switch  it off and return it to the rice bag as much as I can - just checking it now and then.
When I took the phone for a walk yesterday afternoon... there was a pretty sunset... but the haze is in the lens!


Anyway - it's shown me how much I use it - often unnecessarily - so it's done me good. Also, it's the first time I've ever damaged a phone so I think I have been fortunate over the years!

All the family are fine and Keith has his jab on Friday so definitely things are progressing. 
We have a long way to go and unfortunately some are already lobbying for everything to reopen because our rates are dropping. I hope Mr Johnson resists that call as we still have more in hospital with Covid than at the height of the first wave.
Cornwall's rates have dropped to 69/100,000 which is encouraging.  



No comments:

Post a Comment