Tuesday, July 21, 2020

15th July to 21st

15th to 21st July
Well I seem to have lost track of days even more this week!


Ben, in the Dog and Rabbit, has re-opened  for eating in... carefully socially distanced of course.So I decided mid morning on Tuesday to have a late breakfast... and headed down... to find he was closed... 
I was so disappointed... but lower lip sticking out I made my own poached egg breakfast at home and messaged the family "Ben'd closed on Tuesday's... so disappointed"  ...      Keith replied with a "I thought it's Wednesday today?" 
And it was!!!!!

Oh dear... I have no excuses!

We've had foggy, drizzly damp days and at the end of the week some lovely weather.
We played golf Tuesday evening and I played again on Thursday in a mixed knockout match.

None of the four of us played well but we scraped to a win on the 16th hole. It was fun and we finished just in time as the mist was drawing back in.
Most mornings were misty but usually by late morning it had lifted a bit.
The same was true on Saturday when we played our first official competition. It was damp and mizzly and windy till we were half way through and then it turned into a lovely day.

 My neighbour Elizabeth has come down for two weeks and is so glad to be here and away from London... she's been swimming already (twice) and is feeling better for the change of air.
We had a socially distanced coffee in the garden on Sunday morning and it was good to catch up. 


Yesterday (Monday...definitely!) was a blue-sky day from morning till night and what a beautiful sunset we were treated to!


Today is a catch up on jobs day... I keep putting off some admin type things but I need to get them done. Renewing broadband contract and sorting my phone are the two main ones. 
I remain tuned in to Classic FM and avoiding all news other than a quick catch up in the mornings... there are many visitors... lots being sensible but others too.
I remain on my guard.

Oh and I've enjoyed watching the golf which has been played in America... so good to watch it without the crowds! Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment