Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Launceston

Launceston

Yesterday was a real treat... I played at Launceston Golf Club - a favourite in Cornwall!

It is a lovely parkland course, with really interesting holes and par 3s that you can actually reach with an iron. 
The competition was Cornwall Captains v Devon Captains and it was a very happy affair.
I knew my Cornish playing partner and have always got on well with her, our opponent(s) from Devon was/were unfortunate. One of the ladies didn't turn up so she had to play us both!
That made our match very one-sided - but having said that we had a really good time and a lovely meal afterwards!

Today I have had the architect visit with a suggestion for the extension over my flat roof... it's not very big but should make my little bedroom more pleasant!

I've just finished watching today's Tour - scary seeing them race downhill...almost too scary to watch...

...the weather is still glorious... though we started the day in fog! Quite glad of it (it was only brief) as I'm not a lover of really hot weather.  the rest of the uk is sweltering...it's good to be near sea breezes!

No comments:

Post a Comment