Thursday, July 5, 2018

Two years!

Time flies!

It appears that I haven't written this blog post for two years!!!
Where does the time go?

Last year was taken up with captaining the Ladies section of the golf club and Phil's Epic Adventure!
We are re-living it this year with reminders that Keith is posting on our family WhatsApp ... and it's lovely to see. So far he's reached Dover!

I handed over the Captaincy mid January and it took a while for me to unwind from it all.

The boys bought me (and Bridgie) a fitbit for Christmas and so I began jogging...not far, a little every day and I really enjoyed it. After a month or so I bought myself some running shoes... the only problem was... I had pain in my ankles.

First in one.. and then in both... I could hardly walk they were so painful.

This coincided with a trip to Iceland with Bridgie in March. We had the most wonderful time. We were fortunate that Mother Nature showed us the Northern lights, and the landscape was awesome.  I struggled with walking and used Leki all the time... plus an arm if there was one available. But I wouldn't have missed it for the world - it was fabulous.

My last few months as Captain had proved to be quite stressful and the Iceland trip was the start of my 'recovery'. I still wasn't enjoying playing golf but was much more relaxed in myself. The weather was really wet and windy so playing was a struggle.
Then everything brightened up and suddenly we were in sweltering mid-summer sun and now we are in July!
Where has the time gone?

Golf became great fun again with league matches and other competitions.  Today was the semi-final of our pairs knockout competition. 
Judy and I were losing all the way until the 16th where we managed to get back to all square.
We went on to win the 17th which meant we were one up and it was all on the final hole! 
We held on and halved the 18th which meant that we won the match!
It was tightly contested!

Three weeks ago it was lovely to have Jeannie and Alastair here. Tim was here too so they had a chance to meet the grown up version rather than the teen.


We did lots of walking, bird watching... food eating.
Spot The Travelling Bears!



The highlight? Maybe the overgrown path that we had to cut our way through on our way back from Carn Kenidjack!
Nettles, brambles, a host of wildflowers head high made it quite a challenge and we were left with tingling arms and legs from the nettle stings!



Before we started the path we'd met a group of excited school children with life jackets on. 
Yes, in the middle of the moor was a little pond and they had built coracles in the morning and were going to see if they floated in the afternoon!




An intense week of golf followed The Bears' visit and then Paula and Alan came to stay in The Secret Garden. This is a campsite just over the other side of the Carn, small, secluded and quiet.




We did lots of touristy things like visiting St Michael's Mount and doing the Geevor guided tour. It was lovely and, like with the Bears, we had fabulous weather. 




Wonderful exhibit of the mine workings
On Paula's birthday we did the whole Geevor trip including going underground and in the evening we went to see Sense and Sensibility at the Minack.

Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment