Friday, June 12, 2020

..to the 12th June

...to the 12th June
It eventually dawned that I hadn't written this for a while... but shocked that eleven days have passed...so this will be a quick catch up!
I began this on my laptop but cannot access pictures to insert so ma trying again on my phone... Bear with me! 
Ok...back on the laptop! Technology eh?

Yesterday 11th June was wet and very windy... not a day to venture out and I seem to have slept awkwardly so have a crick in my neck so a quiet day at home after a visit to Ben's for some hand cut chips and a cake!
(Altruistic of course to encourage local business!)
So I spent the day watching the golf on Golf TV which was really enjoyable, plus the odd nonogram... the one below was absorbing!

Restrictions have been lifted a little more... with someone living alone adopting another household in a "support bubble" it's sort of what I was doing already but it's nice to have it confirmed. One step at a time.

Wednesday 10th June I played 9 holes with Lindsay before the rain and wind began ...it really poured in the evening, Newquay recording 47mm of rain in 12 hours... more than April and May combined!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Tuesday 9th was a pottering around the house day with a trip down to the shop for some bits and pieces. The path down to the steps is a mass of colour - so pretty!
On Monday 8th I added a new person into my bubble, Judy  and along with Angie we played 18 holes. Judy stopped after 11 as it is only the second time she's played. it was so lovely to share laughter! And we did laugh!



Conditions were lovely!
In fact I didn't expect so much sun as we started out with grey skies but it turned out lovely!

Sunday  7th was grey and a little damp but I headed out and my footsteps took me up the Tregeseal valley to the stone circle and beyond. 
Burial mound
I've lived here for seven years now and I have failed to find the holed stones that are up on this bit of moorland... so I thought I'd hunt them down.

And here they are. 
They are off the main path... in fact they are between two paths and I had to cross heather to find them.



Once found I followed a different path back to the main one so hopefully it will be easier to find them next time

It is a wonderful stretch of moorland.

The days before this were a mix... you can see the low clouds below... but the heat of the day before was amazing.



                                                                                                                                                                                          On June 2nd I played golf in the afternoon - it was a wonderful hot day - 28C - absolutely glorious.  I wondered how hot it was in the actual sun so when I got home I put my little thermometer in the sunshine ... this was at 5pm!
During the day I had closed the blinds in the kitchen to keep it cool!



That brings us up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment