Thursday, June 4, 2020

Monday 1st June

Monday 1st June

After my early morning mug of tea I decided to set off before it got too hot or too busy!
So at 7.45 I was walking through St Just, just a few folk around - the co-op opens early and I headed out on the path towards Botallack.




When I'd sat on my bed I thought I might just go as far as Kenidjack Castle headland... but plans evolve and the path took me towards the Crown's Mines. They were still in the early morning shadow... I debated walking down to them and then spotted a couple much further on, already on that path so I decided to go onwards, along the cliff path above the Crown's Mines.


And it was beautiful.

For some reason this walk was good for my soul.

I skirted the cliff edge looking down into the beautiful turquoise  and deep blue waters.


They were crystal clear.


Leaving the main path I scrambled over some old tin waste and over the dry heather to find a lower narrow path, clear in places but generally overgrown with low gorse and bracken.

 Cut offs had not been a good idea! 














The views were fantastic, eventually I spotted a big block of stone and decided that that would be my turning point, but when I got there this rocky headland was close by.



So I went a little further to sit out on this headland - unnamed on the map - overlooking a natural arch.

I sat and watched the fulmars nesting on the cliffs and marvelled at the miners skill to build a huge retaining wall on the cliff edge... I must look out some old pictures to see what else was here.


The scramble through the scratchy gorse and finding this idyllic spot gave a much needed tranquility.
the best my phone could do,,,

I am so grateful to live in this amazing place.

the path back home

On the way back the sun was now  shining on the Crown's Mines... 

It was a restorative walk.

And in the evening...  a lovely sunset... and reflected in my neighbour's window.






No comments:

Post a Comment