Sunday, May 31, 2020

Friday 29th and Saturday 30th May and Sunday

Friday 29th May

After writing the catch up blog for the week I headed out for a walk down to Cape. It was another glorious day with a blue blue sky and a similar sea!

I walked down the road to Cape then went off right and down the little path to Porth Leddon.
There were three seals bobbing in the bay!

I clambered down on to the rocks and took off my boots and socks and paddled!
The water in this bit was beautifully clear and clean... 
Just behind me, where the main bay was, the water was a different colour with lots of sea weed debris and probably some sewage... when I was here the other day when the huge waves were thundering in there was a lot of outflow visible. 

I sat for a long while enjoying the tranquillity of it all - 
and watched a beautiful Rock Pipit collecting grubs.

On the walk back there were these beautiful flowers... 
and also this fabulous shadow... 

The walk restored my sense of calm :-)

Saturday 30th May

I woke up to bright sunshine and a strong wind, and after my cup of tea I messaged Lindsay to see if she fancied playing 9 holes... the answer was yes... so we met up at 10 o'clock and played 9 holes.

It was certainly breezy!!! 

Carrying the ball miles when the wind was behind... but holding it up when playing back into it.

It was certainly a lot of fun.

The rest of the day was spent with a quick walk down to the shop for bread and milk, reading and making a tasty risotto for my tea!

Sunday

Where has May gone?  
It seems to have disappeared - June tomorrow!

I had heard nothing back from my MP so I sent him a follow up letter today. It will be interesting to see what his response will eventually be.

We had a 4/5th family Zoom as Tim was away in Seoul , it was good to catch up and everyone is keeping well. 
I had intended to go for a walk today but seeing so many pictures of crowded beaches and hearing the increased noise of traffic on the road I stayed put... one of the things I've enjoyed in the place of jigsaws in nonograms... this was a fun one todo!


No comments:

Post a Comment