Thursday, May 21, 2020

Sunday- Thursday

Thursday 21st

I hadn't intended to play golf today but the weather was wonderful and the forecast is that it will get windier over the next few days so I decided to go and play - just 9 holes.. but I ended up playing thirteen!

There was hardly a breath of wind - and lovely warm sunshine.
I played on my own as I'm trying not to add too many new households into my 'bubble'.
Maybe someone new next week but we'll see how things go.

There were a good number of players out on the course with everyone being careful of social distancing.






A funny thing happened on the 9th green... there was an automatic spray watering the green, and rather than walk over and turn it off I watched it closely then decided I just had time to take my putt!

How wrong I was!

It was actually very refreshing... I should have stood under it longer!





Bridgie's parcel that I posted last weekend arrived at hers today - she's keeping it till tomorrow!

I've really enjoyed Bridgie's birthday week, taking special photos for her and finding little treats.

I've been enjoying doing some nonagrams, they take a lot of concentration - I find I get absorbed in them and am delighted when I work out what the pattern is.

Thursday's is clap for carers... it was a little less loud tonight as it was raining but there were a lot of claps and bangs going on.


Wednesday 20th

I decided I couldn't cope without Oatibix Flakes any longer... so I went over to Morrisons this morning for the first time in probably 3 months.



It was very well organised... queuing outside, sterile wipes and reminders in the shop itself.

Happily they had my favourite cereal!!!

And I bought a bright red geranium for the garden.

I'm not sure why but I was motivated today to tidy up the patio area... and it looks much better for it.

It take most of the morning and I was able to have a socially distanced coffee with my neighbour Andrew in the garden.




It was an absolutely beautiful day with unbroken warm sunshine and clear air - just lovely.



Tuesday 19th

I'd arranged to play golf with Lindsay today but woke with a bit of a muzzy head and not feeling brilliant, but a cup of tea and a glass of water put paid to that and I was fine - I think it was all the pollen around yesterday.


We ended up playing 18 holes and it was really fun. We saw no sun today, it was overcast but still so really good conditions for golf.

We had a take away veggie burger which we ate in my garden...



I had sent some flowers from Tregothnan to Bridgie as part of her birthday week celebrations...they arrived today. 

She also had flowers from Liv so she is surrounded by flowers!

Monday 

I headed out for a short walk, but I regretted not taking my usual bottle of water!!

I walked over to Letcha past the farm and back along the coast path.
It was lovely.



I walked down usual way to Cot valley but then slightly left and up past the Youth Hostel to the Farm at Letcha








I saw no-one which was great... it was very still and quite warm
Longships in the distance






The wildflowers are so beautiful at the moment - may is a wonderful month for the wild flowers.






















The bluebells are just going over and the foxgloves and campions have taken over!





















Back home this glorious azalea has just come out.


It has a wonderful scent too - a really lovely plant.


The International Space Station

I have been doing quite a bit of star gazing lately and tonight got a fabulous view of the International Space Station - a tiny dot on the picture but good to see.

Sunday

Mostly pictures... of a walk to the Crown's mines...





Seal popping its head out




The colours were absolutely gorgeous.



There have been more landslips... Tim, loves going out on that headland... it's very narrow and has fallen away quite a lot!




Our family Zoom was tecnically a little challenging and we ended up doing a group whatsapp call instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment