Friday, May 29, 2020

from then till now...

From then till now...a week

The day after Bridgie's birthday I was feeling very tired... the debacle f Dominic Cummings was taking its toll and in many ways has dominated the past week and not in a good way.

The message was absolutely clear... stay at home ... if you or someone in your household has symptoms - stay at home ... do not travel to your second home to self isolate...
No-one I know was in any doubt.

And then this... I was incensed... how can this be right?  
And to compound the matter... Boris and his cohort said it was OK>
The feeling was of being taken for a fool!
One rule for them and a different one for everyone else. 
There are so many holes and inconsistencies in his story it is difficult to know where to begin!
So I won't... 
I wrote to my local MP; then I heard Cummings' defence of his action (from the Rose Garden of No 10 of all places!!!!! )  and wanted to write again... but I'll wait till I've had a reply.
MPs have received 1000s of emails and several have lifted their heads above the parapet.

They are a laughing stock... apparently historically a "Barney Castle" is a pathetic excuse.... absolutely spot on.

Anyway, it has overshadowed this week and has been hard to get away from.




I did play the best 9 holes of my life on Monday when I was just two over par for the front 9!!


And enjoyed a socially distanced Pimms in Bronwen's Garden.







The Nonograms I've been doing on my laptop have been great for absorbing attention...




I played again on Wednesday - there was a sea fog which was quite spectacular at times...


Poking out of the bank of sea mist, towards the left hand side, you can see the top of Longships!


So it has been a difficult week, I know shared by others. 

I can only hope that sense and justice will  prevail at some point ... 
Sorry that this is a bit of a rant... but it is a reflection of the outrage I and thousands and thousands of others) have felt about the way Cummings has been treated and defended...while at the same time our excess deaths are 58000!
We live in a sad country.

No comments:

Post a Comment