Monday, May 4, 2020

Saturday - Monday

Saturday

Saturday was another lovely day and I fancied a walk over on the far side of the Tregeseal /Nancherrow/Kenidjack  valley.
There was hardly a breath of wind... 

...my layers gradually had to be stripped off - it is lovely to walk in weather like this.

The birds were singing beautifully and there were hardly any folk out.

I walked out to the site of Kenidjack Cliff Castle where the defences are still in evidence.

Cliff castle defences
I sat out on the headland and just enjoyed the beauty of it all.

I did have a bit of fun with the binoculars and took this picture balancing them on me knee and manoeuvring my phone... I was really pleased with the result!

Looking back up the Nancherrow valley
The bluebells were massed on the south facing side of the valley.

It was a lovely walk and I enjoyed sharing the pictures as I walked with the family and Tassie!  

Sunday
Sunday was a different kettle of fish... with fog!


There was nothing to see on the golf course!!!


But I popped in to the club (at their request and keeping social distance rules) and admired the beautifully sorted floor!
Well done to the cape team - it's absolutely brilliant!
Some preparations are being made for the time when we may be able to play again... just trying to get things in place for safe play.

Monday
And so to today - Monday.

I set off for another walk, but later than usual.
I dithered about which way to walk and began by walking down across the play park/football pitch and down on the Cot Valley road.
As I neared the bottom of the hill I headed off left and up past the Youth hostel and up a very steep path.
It's not a well used path and it brings you up on to what were daffodil fields and are now full of potatoes.

Looking back at the Carn
The path had basically been ploughed up and planted so it was quite tough walking but got on ok. 
This part was fine... and I came out on a little road with a Footpath sign pointing the way I had come so that was good.
I walked down the road to thefarm and over another stile with a footpath sign pointing (possibly) diagonally across another newly planted field.

I decided not to risk going straight across but skirted the field... scrambled into another... and then found I had to climb a wall and under barbed wire to get back on to the coast path...so it was not easy!


 I did regain the path and this was the view...

You can see the path wending it's way up the other side of this swale.


The path across the top is edged with bluebells


 and even the foxgloves are coming out.

The spring flowers are an absolute joy.




Crossing the little bridge on the way back... it has all grown up so much it's like a jungle!


and then I'm back home.


It was such a lovely walk, although my foot is a bit sore now after the uneven fields.
Tomorrow is due to rain... so I'll give it a rest.

I finished this jigsaw this afternoon...

I enjoyed doing it so much... a new one for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment