Friday, May 1, 2020

Mon - Fri 1st May

Friday 1st May

Yesterday evening I got very het up with all awfulness so when I went to bed I could not switch my brain off... it was one of those nights when sleep is very elusive.

It reminded me that I really need to limit the amount of time I spend listening /reading about it... because my mind was in a tizzy.

I woke early and went in to Penzance to do some extra shopping in the bigger co-op and to exchange jigsaws with Lindsay!

We met in the carpark and she took 3 of my jigsawa... and she gave me four of hers... so I am now well set up!

When I got home I made a lovely fresh coffee and sat down with this lovely scene - which has such calming colours.


By the time I'd been doing this for a while, I found myself in a much calmer mind frame.

I had a quick nap on the settee and then after tea took a brisk walk down to Cape - not right to the bottom, just as far as the course.

This beauty...


and this lovely field cheered my walk back.


The sky was really pretty.

Thursday 30th April
For some unknown reason I felt like cleaning up a bit today...
...so while I made a chicken soup from the carcass I tidied this corner...

but not the table!!!


Thursday is my delivery box and I had some yummy things in it today!


I posted the sunset jigsaw to Bridgie last Friday and it arrived today! I'm really glad it got there safely!

I had had a couple of phone calls in the morning from friends who were talking about everything that is going on... and while I was cooking tea I put on the daily government talk... and got more and more angry as it went along. Keith was having the same thoughts at the same time and messages flew between us, often crossing, with our outrage and disappointment with the press who don't seem to be challenging the government properly. 
Why so angry you may ask?
The Prime Minister described our situation a "success" and that the NHS had never been overwhelmed, and that we hadn't had the nightmare experience by so many others!
Over 27,000 official deaths... a success? 
Words fail and the heart cannot deal with this... it's so awful... and to paint a pretty picture over it makes it all the worse.
Anyway... it didn't do me any good... and  by the time I went to bed my brain was overheated.

However hard I tried I just could not let it go... I know it's not good and I have wished (thousands of times through my life) that I could just switch my brain off. I can't... I have to wait for it to work itself out. 

Wednesday


It rained heavily overnight but I decided to set off for my morning walk clad in two pairs of over-trousers and two jackets. The rain had been so heavy just before I left that I thought I'd be wet through if I didn't put on two layers - as both of them leak a bit!


Anyway - it didn't rain at all but it was a lot freasher and I was glad of the extra layer for most of the walk!





The clouds were looking amazing and with sun being higher in the sky the colours are getting brighter.





The threatening cloud deposited its load elsewhere fortunately.

The bluebells are getting more beautiful by the day.


I walked down to Porth Ledden to shelter from the wind and the threatening clouds, there were at least 5 seals in the bay.




When i got home I watched the Panorama programme about the paucity of preparation for the pandemic - it was very hard hitting and pointed out some outrageous things... like counting gloves individually (to make it look like lots of PPE was being supplied); the use by date label of 2019 was removed yo find a use by label of 2016 underneath... and maybe the worst of all was the downgrading of Covid 19 so the requirements for PPE were not so high.
Appalling!  
Keith hadn't watched it so I suggested he did... and it made him feel sick and close to tears that our government can behave like this.

                                           




He went out for a walk... I went up into the loft to take some more pics of the children when they were little...




And one of my favourites.... 

There was a pretty sunset.

Monday/Tuesday
The rain wasn't too bad on Tuesday but I did need it for the first half of the walk...


I walked down by the Warrens factory which is closed - even before Covid 19 and then down the Kenidjack Valley but up on the top of it.


The bluebells are getting stronger


Bridgie had Monday off work and had fun with her new sewing machine!
I love the material!!  Well done... love learning new skills.







No comments:

Post a Comment