Monday, April 27, 2020

Friday - Sunday 24th -26th April

Sunday 26th

Today was a less active day although I did pick up a golf club for the first time since we began all this awfulness.

                                                                                                                                                                         Sam, who was the lady pro at Pavenham, had been challenged to raise some money for charity with the 2.6 challenge. She chose to chip 6 balls into a bucket (containing water) from a distance of 2.6 meters!

She got all but one, and that one touched the edge !
I don't have any grass to use but thought I could improvise with a bit of old carpet... so I set it up...



The first 6 I got one in... the second six... another one the third time another one. Then, instead of guessing I thought I'd measure the distance properly... put the video on and took another go...






...and I got two!

I've done it to raise money for our ladies charity which this year is cancer research... and I've challenged the other ladies to have a go!
 We had a lovely family zoom today, everyone is on good form.

This azalea has just begun to flower and is absolutely gorgeous.






 Saturday

I set off for my morning walk about 8o'clock and had the place to myself again. It was very still.
I climbed up to the top again - no swallows today.


 Instead of heading straight back I walked down the primrose filled track to Porth Ledden
It was so still and warm that the air filled with the scent of the primroses...

 and down at the bottom by the old quay it was the seaweed that took over.
There were several seals bobbing in the gentle waves - it was quiet, still and glorious.


I sat there quite awhile enjoying the tranquillity before heading back home.




Not sure when I finished this but I enjoyed it a lot...will find someone to pass it on to!




Friday 24th

I posted Bridgie's parcel today, the sunset jigsaw, and included a couple of little surprises for her... it will be interesting to see how long it takes. Our post office here and the main one in Penzance are apparently the only ones open down here - so I feel even more fortunate to be here!



The path up from the shops is very pretty at the moment.


and Keith sent this glorious picture of wisteria that he spotted near his flat - it's one of my favourite plants.
The house in front is looking much tidier now - the last week or so there has been a digger and dumper truck etc sorting out their garden - it's looking very nice now. My fingers are crossed that they don't put a big fence in... 




No comments:

Post a Comment