Wednesday, April 1, 2020

1st April

April 1st


The morning dawned with sunshine again! I could get used to this... 

I continued my kitchen wall project today using a bleach based cleaner.
It was good to get that bit done and if the weather is ok tomorrow I may get out the nasty paint. If not I'll wait till the weekend when it's supposed to get warmer.
At the moment we have beautifully starry nights - so it's cold. 

I ventured down to the Co-op to get some milk. They are allowing only two customers in at any time so we wait patiently at marked points on the pavement outside. My order from Claire at Stones was going to be Tuesday  then today  but they are so busy it will be ready tomorrow. They are working so hard. Everything that we need is available at the moment.

After tea I was watching the news and got so frustrated by what is going on/not happening/profusion of words not action that I decided I had to go for a walk, so walking boots on I headed on to the Carn




The sky was quite amazing so I wandered down the far side of the Carn through the gorse and turned left along the path.
This takes you through some fields down toward the road at Kelynack. Here I turned right and headed across cow's fields (none there thank goodness) towards the Cot Valley where I met the usual path.



The hedgerows are full of 'garlic' and alexanders...

and of course gorse with its wonderful contorted shapes.

On the way back Keith rang so we chatted on video Whatsapp till after I got home. He's composing his next blog which is about the pandemic in India.

I find the situation so frustrating... Korea have had approx 150 deaths since the start... we had over 500 in the last 24 hours and over 2000 altogether and yet we don't even try follow their example and no-one is asking why not - or if they do they get waffle for an answer.
Actually, more questions are being asked now... we don't have enough equipment for the wards or protective equipment for the nurses... it is awful... but there are no real answers. Too little too late... so sad for all those who have lost members of their families.

Rant over!

A positive picture  to end on... from the other day.








No comments:

Post a Comment