Thursday, April 16, 2020

Tuesday and Wednesday 14th 15th April

Tuesday and Wednesday



Both days were sunny and bright with a brisk easterly wind.

I went up on the Carn first thing but needed coat and hat today! The wind was chilly, but another glorious day.


The gorse is blooming, lots of wild garlic and the first of the genuine bluebells are beginning to show.





Along with sudoku; a word game on my phone and the jigsaw, I have a go at one of these from time to time.

This one took ages... it's a game Bridgie gave me with just 6 pieces.
You have to place the cards in the correct place according to the symbols around the edge.

Sometimes you need a bridge (sometimes two) or a pagoda on the path... sometimes the path has to track back and forth through a set number of tiles...in this case 7!

It took a long time to solve.

Oh... and this is an example of the word game i do on my phone! 


I headed out for another walk exploring the road beyond the primroses covered cemetery and discovered these two marvellous stones!
Wonderful aren't they, I think they should have a name but i haven't come up with one yet.




Wednesday was also a beautiful bright day. I walked over to the Community Farm to pick up some bits... including a birdy jigsaw but also some absolutely delicious freshly harvested sprouting broccoli!  (I re-use the bags by the way!)


Less walking today and more jigsawing (if there is such a word).
This one is coming on and getting harder by the piece.


It was breezy again today and I was not envious of this BT man.

And finally, I came across this...

:-) it's lovely! It's all the shops in the square... the chippy; Stones where I get all my provisions; Warrens (bread and pasty) The Square (pizzas and sandwiches and salads) and McFaddens the butchers (amazing scotch eggs!)



Very clever whoever did it.

Hope everyone is keeping safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment