Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Monday Tuesday 20 th and 21stApril

Monday 20th

 My  days have started to take a slightly different shape; partly because I am putting on an uncomfortable amount of weight and also because I feel very unfit.
So I have been heading out for longer walks first thing.
Today took me down the Cot Valley and up the far side and round to what I think of as Jeannie and Alastair's spot.

It was a glorious day and very still.
The pathways are full of flowers and the scents of spring and the sea was very clear today.

The path wends its way down to a spot where you used to be able to access the 'beach' but because of cliff falls is now closed... but I walked on around the corner of the cliff as far as here where there is a lovely view on towards Aire point in the distance and Sennen far beyond!


It was glorious and so warm I was just in a tee shirt.

There are bluebells just showing...

and the bleached granite rocks were fabulous.



It was hot work on the way back, the stream was a welcome sight and sound! 

I only saw a couple of people today - it was so good to be out!




Tuesday 21st

So today I woke to rain! But I decided I would walk anyway, so set off down the roads to Cape. 
Mark keeping the course in trim

Fortunately it was only a gentle rain and it made the colours stand out.


Instead of heading out round Cape I went down to Priest's Cove.


The sea didn't look very big but every now and then a lovely set of waves would come through making a deep booming sound as they crashed into the rocks. 

Again gannets were out and no people.

So for three days in a row I've walked about 4 miles... my left knee is complaining a bit but I definitely feel better for it.

My heart continues to break for the way in which the UK have handled this outbreak, when everyone is counted I dread to think what the death toll will be.

Stay safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment