Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Friday to Monday

Monday 11th May
Chilly Sunrise 
My day usually begins with a look through my phone, checking any overnight messages and a check of twitter.
Because of Boris' muddled message on Sunday evening, I put 5-live on the radio... And after half an hour had had enough.
The sun was shining outside and it was chilly with a fresh wind. So I put on my warm walking trousers and with my cosy jacket and usual backpack, headed out. 

The cows and calves were looking very contented. 
I had decided to head for the Crown's Mines at Botallack and how beautiful it was.

As I reached Wheal Owles there was a Red Kite flying above me, I wasn't completely sure it was initially but on the way back there were about 6, two were fighting over something, and then all but one flew off up the coast. They were spectacular!


I saw no one on the walk there and only a handful on the way home.



At the Crown's Mines themselves there was one sole gannet having a very successful time feeding. Another fabulous watch!


On the walk back I diverted to Kenidjack Castle headland looking over to Cape. 


I decided to walk over to Cape and passed this wonderful spread of bluebells - it took me back to Lamorran woods and walks out there when we were young.


Cape was looking superb too!


I enjoyed sharing this with the family and Tassie as I walked - it's good to have your company even if it is at a distance, and I know Francie shares them here too - the sharing makes me happy in these difficult times.

Sunday 10th May
I headed out late morning after our family zoom. The kids were talking about Strava so I downloaded it onto my phone and thought it could map today's walk.

It was another glorious day with hardly a breath of wind and glorious sunshine.

The bluebells continue to be absolutely gorgeous and the colour of the sea is amazing.


I walked down to The Bear's picnic spot where the foxgloves were out too.


 The garlic and bluebells are scattered with buttercups and campion too.
When I got home I was able to see how far I'd walked and the elevation gained... fascinating! 6.59 km and elevation gain of 226 meters...good for the body and  good for the soul to have places like this to walk.


Saturday 9th May
I had a walk down to Cape today, partly to take a photo of Leanne and Andy the golf club owners as it may be that we will be able to play soon... we await Boris' speech tomorrow.
I walked down to Carn Gloose, the tide was low and it was very still.

I love these daisies...


You can see how still the sea was - hardly a breath of wind.

I walked back across the golf course and managed to persuade them to pose for a picture!

 They have stayed amazingly cheerful considering everything that has happened since they bought Cape in the summer.
This is the latest jigsaw!


Friday 8th May


I did some baking today... a white loaf, and then as the oven was hot I made some teacakes (all part of the diet eh!)
No big walks today but up to the Carn for the sunset briefly... it was a lovely one, and I couldn't resist the dandelion!
I








No comments:

Post a Comment