Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Tuesday March 9th

March 9th 

Last week took the same shape as previous ones with early walks.

With the sun still fairly low in the sky the colours are deep and warm, even if the wind is chill!


The sea was a beautiful colour too.


It was St Piran's Day on Friday and the flag was flying. There is usually a lot of decoration and celebration but not this year with all the restrictions. 


My celebration was to bake some bread!


I have upped my walking distance over the last few weeks and though the paths are often the same there are always new glimpses or surprising colours.

On Saturday I picked up my paper from the newsagents and then walked to Cape along the Tregeseal Valley


Everything looks very brown

then suddenly this reed bed catches the sky and is a blue jewel on the valley floor.



We were also treated to this beauty.

I went out early again on Sunday, there had been a frost and the light was clear

Our usual family zoom was highly entertaining as at the start Tim was out shopping and took us with him into the shops and along the streets - lots we recognize from out visits there.
And then we signed in again - Tim was home but Bridgie was out on her run and took us all with her... hence the path top right and just the outline of her running shadow.


It is so lovely to catch up and it usually leaves me smiling for the rest of the day.

Yesterday schools went back properly - they have been open for the children of key workers but were opened up for everyone. 
I dropped the car off for an mot and then Lindsay came over and we walked to Carn Gloose and then down across the golf course.

It was another beautiful day - cold in the wind but lovely out of it.

When we crossed the course we walked by the 'orchard' which is a sunken section once garden to the big house I believe.
Anyway, I have always wanted to explore it so we ventured in and it is just like a secret garden.
There were numerous golf balls of course, but it was magical.

I have a dream that one day parts of this could be turned back into fruit gardens.

Wall ferns catching the sun 

There are  four sections to it I think, and we only looked at the bottom two.

As we left the course in the bottom corner by the NT car park at Cape there were three friends who had come over on the bus to look at the course! 
All because, today we were actually allowed to meet someone else and have a picnic. it was lovely to see the others and chat. Golf itself isn't allowed until 29th so we have a while to wait yet 
Lindsay and I then walked on out to the end and sat on a bench, sheltered from the wind but in warm sun. 

We walked back via the Tregeseal valley, the sun behind us gave the sea a glorious mix of colours and the waves were beautiful. 

I'd heard nothing about my car so popped out about 6.15pm to see if it was parked nearby and was treated to this delight.

Setting in line with the terrace - definitely moving towards spring.
I called in to the garage this morning and Mary apologised for not having called me... 'I was having a bad day' she said. There are several things that need doing, they are extremely busy and with all the extra Covid precautions everything takes longer. 
I guess it may be with them for a few days, it is making me think it might be time to start looking for a slightly newer vehicle. 

Today's little walk was across to the farm via a different path, the ground looks really dry and baked but more storms due.

Final picture... I liked these.

 

 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics. The 'secret garden' would be a great development project. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for those Brassica Men. They look as though they could surround you.

    ReplyDelete