Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Catch up!

Catch Up!

Yesterday, 29th March, we were out on the golf course again - for the first time since 2nd January.

We were blessed with glorious weather and it was so lovely to see folk again.



The golf itself is best described as entertaining! I took 10 on our first hole but things improved a little after that.

So good to be back and this morning aching in all the places I haven't used for almost 3 months!


The sun is now rising and setting on the North side of the terrace, always encouraging.

So since the last blog I have continued to walk every day. The weather has been absolutely glorious at times with some big seas running.


I love this corner of the path down to Cot

Several times  I've taken a flask of coffee and found a quiet place to sit and enjoy the see.

It was lovely to see ravens again on this walk to a lovey spot I think of as Jeannie and Alastair's because we'd stopped there one time.

With the sun rising higher in the sky we have had some lovely blues in the sea.





For a long time I have wanted to walk one of the old tin waterways along the side of the Tregeseal valley so early one morning I set off.



The path skirts this pond and is then marked by a National Trust  sign saying "this is not a footbath"
However, someone has been looking after it so I  went on (with a twang of guilt of course!)


You can see how it's been cleared,

and here they've cut the ivy back to tunnel through.
The weather was lovely and there were some fabulous waves.



Eventually I reached a point where the path hadn't been cleared.

The path had gone a long way, maybe another 30 yds beyond the white house in the next picture but on a level below it.  On the way back I took a different path, vertical in places, a hands and knees steep path back up to the proper Coast path.  

I think it has also been cleared from the other end so one day I may tackle it from the Cape end and see if I reach the other side of the ivy blockage.

It was an exciting adventure.

A couple of days later I went over to Lindsay's in Newlyn and we walked from her house to Trewidden Gardens.

The lockdown has had the effect of making the prospect of walking somewhere new very exciting! 

We walked across fields from her house and down into the valley, then across the main road to Trewidden and it was simply lovely.


We avoided the road and walked up a lovely path alongside it.
The view the other way across the fields is also lovely.

We picked up take away coffee and cake from Trewidden and went and sat among the ferns. 

It was a lovely morning.




It was a treat of a day.

Since then my walks have been the usual, out to Carn Gloose, Cape or Cot  on a variety of paths. I feel so fortunate to be able to enjoy this.


It was a low spring  tide on Sunday and two people were out foraging on the rocks, we pondered what they might be collecting. 

And that's brought us back up to date. 

i have continued not to use social media or follow the news other than headlines. 




No comments:

Post a Comment