Tuesday, April 13, 2021

13th April!

 April 13th

Time has flown over the last couple of weeks, one of the highlights was our family zoom on Sunday morning when Bridgie joined us whilst she was running a half marathon for charity!


It was such fun to join/see her.  

I guess you will know that I have spent a lot of time at the golf course.  The weather has been dry and sunny, but the northerly wind was whipping in bringing the temperature down to about zero. 


It's been like that for quite a while so we wrap up in lots of layers but it makes playing physically tiring. 9 holes feels like 18!

The club have also joined in a Golf Access system to encourage young and new players. I've been going to help on Sunday and Thursday afternoons and have really enjoyed it.

There have been a lot of changes to the course, one of which is "Crocodile Creek" which has been dug out, lined and filled over the last couple of weeks.

It's made playing the first and particularly the second hole more interesting.


They've also put up a 'sail' over the patio and glass is being put around on top of the wall to give some shelter.

Yesterday was their first day open for outside eating, I'm going to test it out this afternoon with thwo of the golf ladies. 

We will need our coats, hats amd gloves probably as it is still very cold (there was snow in Cornwall yesterday).


I had a lovely walk with lady from St Just at Trengwainton Gardens at the end of March.

This was the first proper blossom I'd seen, partly because I've not driven anywhere over the last months and St Just itself is not renowned for Blossom!

I clearly admired these on a previous visit because I must have bought and planted some as they are now flowering in my garden - I had completely forgotten!

Other things from the last couple of weeks were this awful fire which burned a vast area of heathland - apparently started deliberately;


one evening when the light was incredible;


a fabulous wooden jigsaw which was a mother's day present from the babes;

and a willow hedge being planted by my neighbours in the front. I'm glad it's not a fence and it will eventually give them some privacy.

That's brought you up to date. I've been a bit tired this week from all the golf and stuff so have had a few days doing much less. 

I am still putting in my order at Stone's for my fruits and veg and collect that on a Thursday.

The lockdown restrictions were eased yesterday which has meant bars serving meals and drinks outside but not inside. 

Slow progress but progress is being made. 

Our rates in Cornwall are now 8/100,000 although the roll out of lateral flow testing to everyone may change that a bit I guess. You can order them online (free of charge) I ordered some yesterday so will have some in the house if I feel it's necessary to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment